8.24.2011

Peyton is 4 Months Old

 Oh my little Peyton girl!!  You are now 4 months old and I just can't believe it!  You love to look around and see EVERYTHING!  There's no leaning back for you and snuggle time in my arms hardly anymore!  You want to know what is going on at all times!  You love your Exersaucer more and more everyday and you love your Bumbo chair.  You love to watch Cooper bounce around the house and you smile at EVERYTHING he does and says to you!  He is your right hand man! :)  You are not a fan of your bouncy/vibrating seat anymore... like I said... You do not like to lean back anymore.  You like to be propped up in the sitting position so you can see what is going on.  We have heard a few laughs out of you and we always here you tellin your baby stories! :)  You grab at anything that is in arms reach and you love to hold onto your little blankies... AKA burp cloths!  YES this was the age that you found your thumb!!!  You chew on your right thumb all the time and TODAY actually I received a picture from Robin of you actually sucking your thumb!  She said you sucked on it a lot today!  You never would take a binky for me for longer than a few minutes... so I guess the thumb it is!  I do have to say myself, that at this point in time... it is absolutely adorable!!  Promise Mommy that it will be easy to break you from that in a few years!!!!!  Peyton, we love you so much!
Peyton's new high chair! 
She loves to make her toys spin! 
 I went back and forth about feeding Peyton cereal at 4 months old or even at all!  There is so much research out there about allergies these days that it was making me nervous to feed her so young.  I finally talked to my pediatrician and he brought up a good point.  He said that if you were to go ask 10 different doctors about what they thought... you would probably get 10 different answers.  He said the main key to all of this new research is to take all the new foods VERY slow.  I went with what he said and we started cereal as you can see!!!  I really couldn't resist it either... I was so excited to see how she would do with the spoon!  I really wanted to feed my baby girl :)  I was hoping that she would be able to last a bit longer between her cereal feeding in the mornings and her next bottle, too... BUT she's an oinker!!  She loves her food!  Peyton is still eating every 2 hours!  We will stay on just cereal for awhile only in the AM.  Dr. Powell said that it's ok to start veggies in another week or 2 but I would rather wait a bit longer on that!

Peyton you were such a great little helper!


No comments:

Post a Comment