WOW!! Where has my summer gone??? I have been home with Cooper and Peyton for the past 17 weeks (subtract the 4 days I went to work back in May). I have enjoyed the days that we stayed in our PJs all day, playing alphabet board games with Cooper, holding my baby girl all day long, reading books with the kiddos, watching movie after movie on some days and eating a bowl of popcorn!! I am truly blessed to have such a great career where I can spend such quality time with my children!! YES, there were those days where I had to call my wonderful mother-in-law or my mom or even my sister and say, "Can Cooper PLEASE come over??" We had a lot of time together and at times we needed a break from each other!!! The attitude from a 3 year old and myself suffering from cabin fever did not mix well! I will never forget this extra long summer that I had with my wonderful family! We have had lots of great memories!
Shawn and I have both been working in our classrooms nonstop these last couple of weeks. We have taken turns going to each other's rooms and helping each other get ready for the new school year! It can be a struggle at times, since we have the kiddos with us, to actually have a productive day, BUT at least we have all been spending time together!
It's been so nice to have Shawn at home since he quit Home Depot!! I can't wait to have him at home with us EVERY weekend and I don't have to keep track of his work schedule! He was at Home Depot for 4 years and for 4 years I have had to write down his work schedule to keep track of him, I've had to go to family functions without him, :( and when he worked late I would lay in bed waiting for him to come home... sometimes as late as midnight! He is such a great father, husband and best friend that anyone could ask for! Excuse my language, BUT he has worked his A$$ off these last few years... finishing his college career, taking night classes, online classes, student teaching and then working at night, giving baseball lessons, working at Home Depot, substitute teaching in 3 different districts the last 4 years, coaching JV baseball for BSSHS for the last 4 years and helping my Dad out at the store when the help was needed!!! He did all of this to make ends meet for his family!!! He is a wonderful man! As you can see, I'm ready for some consistancy in our schedule! I am so looking forward to our schedules being the same... SAME days off!!!! Which leaves me thinking about next summer!!!! OH THE FUN WE WILL HAVE TOGETHER!!! Cooper will be 4 and Peyton will be 1!!! I can't wait to start planning the fun things that we can do together as a family!! :)
Pictures of our classrooms will come soon!!! I had my camera with me today and completely forgot to snap a few pics!
No comments:
Post a Comment